St. Xavier’s High School & Junior College is a Catholic English Medium High School for boys and girls, affiliated to the Board of Education, Government of Maharashtra.
A minority school registered under the Bombay Public trust Act,1950 on 1st March 1965 with registration number E2925 (Bom).
The founder member of the School Rev. Fr. Cyril Braganza started the school in M.E.S. barracks with 4 classes: K.G, First, Second and Third in June, 1956 with the advice of His Grace Valerian Cardinal. The secondary school got its recognition in June 1962 and sent up its first batch of students for the S.S.C. (Examinations) in March 1964.
Miss. Peggy Soares was appointed as the first Head Mistress in June, 1962.
The present school land was acquired on lease from the President of India by Rev. Fr. Joseph D’souza with the help from the Defence Department, Govt. of India. The school building was constructed with the ground and two floors during the time of Manager, Rev. Fr. Ross Fernandes.
Rev. Fr. Lourdino Fernandes started the Jr. College in the School in June,1981. Rev. Fr. Marian Fernandes served in this institution for a long period of seven years. He completed the second stage of construction of third floor of the building with all its amenities.
At present with five divisions in each standard and two each in the Science & Commerce sections of the Junior College about four thousand students are getting equipped to face the world. That they may excel in their professional aspirations and more importantly become beautiful human beings is our aim.